An OCC future with the 555 Gallery?
- Edmund Balde [ 2/9/2005 - 20:10 ] #
I know I have been silent for a long time, but I like to consider it as "collecting information and observing progress."
Recently, I met a member of the 555 Gallery staff named Nicole Parker.
She, and a handful of other people, manage, organize, and maintain the
art gallery, which currently resides in Detroit (formerly located in
Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor). The reason I write this little announcement
pertains to the goals of both the OCC and the 555: Non-profit
Organization. When I considered this, I thought to myself "maybe the
OCC and the 555 can work together on it in some way? ... perhaps
work together on other things (i.e. events, performances, shows,
fundraisers, etc.) in the future?" From what I understand, the 555 is
not just another art gallery. It is a creative space organized and
maintained by artists ... artists not unlike those in the Outside
Circle Collective. With that said, my (cheesy) message to both groups
for the future is "Communicate, Collaborate, and Create."
For more information on the 555 Gallery, please go to www.555arts.org
If you wish to contact the 555 Gallery, please try e-mailing them through their website
or contact Nicole Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is Edmund, signing off.
Announcements Artists Museums, Galleries and Centers OCC Artists Other
- Hi Ed, I think I saw you driving your car a couple days ago. I like your idea.....more
- When you saw me out driving, Peter, I didn't seem like I was in a hurry, did I?...more
- maybe we could hold a jomas release party their and/or at a place like scene met...more
- I think Steve Samuels is a good person to contact at 555, too. And no, Ed, your...more
- I haven't met many of the other staffers at the 555, but I know Nicole is very i...more
- If you get a chance, Ed, point her towards this website. Joe Scott interned at...more
- I'll suggest that she check out the site thoroughly. She has mentioned Joe's nam...more
- Sweet, let us know how we can help out.
read more (8 total)
NPH July Exhibition
- Edmund Balde [ 6/28/2003 - 10:27 ] #
Neo Pseudo Happening has a show called "Gridlock-12" on Sunday, July 6th in Oldtown Lansing at Bare Bone Studios, 1236 Turner St. This one day show runs from 12 noon to 5 pm. There'll be new artwork from individual artists, and a collaborative grid painting on display. Look for the flier around town. Hope to see you there!
- I talked to Travis Pickard about a large grid painting he was working on in Old...more
- Yes, Peter . . . yes it is.
- Ed - any word on how Gridlock-12 went?
read more (3 total)
Creative Outputs, Resources, Misc, Etc.
- Edmund Balde [ 6/25/2003 - 22:39 ] #
This is an online gallery. Mostly visual artists: painters, illustrators, photographers, and designers. Wide range of talent and skill level as I've seen so far from the contributors. Even contains forums/blogs/posts for discussions, comments, suggestions, and whatnot.
For those of you that know Casey Sorrow (bald art store manager at Kresge-MSU), this is his site for B&Willustrations Maybe you have something you'd like to contribute?
Local Lansing (young) artist group looking to expand the creative scene of its environment through projects, experiments, and exhibitions. The group exhibits once a month for a single day at Bare Bone Studios in Oldtown Lansing, during the Sunday gallery walk (. . . for now). Group roster varies from project to project. Core group within NPH: Aaron Curtner, Tim Lane, Latricia Horstman &Dustin Dorothy Smith, Lorie Waldie, Joe, and myself. NPH is looking for creative individuals to get involved in future artistic projects, experimentations, and the like. The site is being renovated currently before the next show in July. Look for it soon! There is a meeting this Friday the 27th, 8pm at Bare Bone Studios (1236 Turner). We'll be going over July's project progress, but we'll answer questions about the group, future projects, etc. if any of you decide to visit. We're planning to go bowling after the meeting!
Announcements Artists Arts - Design Arts - Music Arts - Visual Cultures, Groups and Organizations
- Seems like it would be good to turn on some of these folks to the collective. W...more
- I gave the Outside Circle web address to one of the peeps with everyone's e-mail...more
- great ed. share the word and vice versa. i checked out NPH's site and it's prett...more
- yes, nice site - i enjoyed the poetry!
read more (4 total)
1st Web.log ever
- Edmund Balde [ 6/21/2003 - 21:14 ] #
Haven't the slightest how to use this besides regular posting. I'll put up stuff as needed of course.